WELCOME TO THE MSX
Our goal is to keep the
legacy of one of the
most interesting computers from the 80's - 90's alive - The MSX.
We are aware that there are hundreds of
websites devoted to MSX, all of them with a lot of great quality
material. However, software paperwork is extremely hard to find online,
notably game manuals. There are very few of them available, mostly
cover scans or raw photos.
website we'll try to keep a paperwork repository for MSX software,
including labels, box art, manuals and everything else that we could
lay our hands on, all of them scanned in hi-res (300 DPI). Game manuals
will be scanned on a page-by-page basis and gathered in a PDF
file that will be
available for download.
If you are the
copyright holder of the artwork hosted in this website please bear in
mind that we do not intend to make a profit from your material
(and we assure you we will never try to) - our sole purpose is to
preserve a huge and very important part or computer history. We are
only fighting for preservation. However, if you do have a problem with
that please do not hesitate contacting us.
Do you want to help? Click here to learn how!
|- WHAT´S NEW -
- November 11, 2017 - Sky Jaguar was donated by Sebastian Lambinon.
- October 10, 2017 - Today I received the scans of the Japanese version of
Metal Gear one. Thanks again Xavi.
- October 7, 2017 - Xavi Sorinas was so nice to upload Parodius. Thanks you Xavi.
- January 19, 2016 - Thanks to Dioniso Gandhara, Pacmania, Metal Gear 2 - Solid
Snake, Super Runner and Xak - The Tower of Gazzel were added.
- January 15, 2016 - Dionisi was sent his scans of Gun Fright. Thanks for this
classic. Will be online as soon as the manual is added.
- January 12, 2016 - Lars18th kindly sent me some Starship Rendezvous scans
made by Dioniso.
- May 25, 2015 - Sebastian Lambinon sent The Treasure of Usas. Great add!
- October 16, 2013 - Wouter de Vries lent me his Dragon Slayer - The Legend of
Heroes. Of course it got scanned. Thanks mate.
- September 12, 2013 - Game Master, Block Hole and Hydlide 3 - The Space
Memories was added today. Thanks to Wouter de Vries for lending me the game.
- September 11, 2013 - Added the sticker to R Type. Thanks to Wouter de Vries
- September 10, 2013 - Metal Gear, Androgynus and Topple Zip MSX2 were added.
Thanks to Wouter de Vries for letting me scan this game. More games to follow
- September 2, 2013 - Super Laydock Mission Striker Network Version got added
thanks to Sandy Pleyte.
- September 1, 2013 - The European version of Laydock is online thanks to
Sandy Pleyte's fast reaction on the request to send the missing pages of the
- September 1, 2013 - Added Eggerland Mystery scans by David Heremans. Thanks
- September 1, 2013 - Sandy Pleyte sent in Laydock Japanese and European. At
the moment one scan is missing from the European version, therefore only the
Japanese edition is placed for now.
- August 22, 2013 - Replaced the scans of the manual of Aleste II and the
front of the box of Space Manbow. They were retouched and enhanced by Ruizander
Vieira. Thanks for your effort.
- August 22,2013 - David Heremans pointed me to a bad link to the SD Snatcher
manual. Fixed this. Thanks for the report.
- August 12, 2013 - SD Snatcher alpha sent me the complete package of Playball
III. It's added to the repository now.
- August 7, 2013 - All pages restyled in new layout, alphabetized the software
list and added three direct downloads to Compile Disk Station CDs
- August 5, 2013 - Working on moving all content to the new layout. It's a
bit of a job, but it surely looks nicer if everything is a bit more uniform.
- August 4, 2013 - From now on the MSX Repository is hosted on
- June 19, 2011 - TNT added!
- June 18, 2011 - Tetris (BPS) added!
- June 18, 2011 - Yes, I know. It seems
ridiculous. It´s been almost a full year since the last update! Truth
is, I´ve been busy lately - I just have a baby girl, and that can take some of your spare
Anyway, the site was pretty much abandoned. First of all I´m doing a
little facelift on it - the former template was deleted and all I got
left was floating text over a white background. Gee...
So I´ve just made the front pages look a little prettier - not
much, I know, but hey - I´m a shitty designer! ;-)
Next step (hopefully still this year) is keep adding fresh content.
I´ll try my best, that´s all I can promise.
- August 13, 2010 - Last week was a slow week
so... Today we´ll have eight new
games to compensate! Including a great scan of a complete Aleste 2 with
all the paperwork - sticker and paper plane included! Yay! Again,
thanks to Diedel
for his cooperation!
The software are Aleste
Zone Wolf, Samantha
Fox Strip Poker, Sorcery,
Living Daylights, Underground,
of the Dead
- August 06, 2010 - Extremely busy week...
Unfortunately only one new title added today: Elevator
- July 30, 2010 - Four new games added: Antarctic
Quatro (thanks Diedel
Rally and... SD
Snatcher! Don´t forget to check how cool that game
"Walktrough guide" to Castle
Excellent was added, courtesy of Benoît Delvaux (from
Passion MSX). Thank you!
- July 26, 2010 - Fabio
Albergaria from MSX Solutions pointed me to some excellent
advertisements in WOS, so I changed a lot of them in the following
Moves & Ulises.
Thank you for the tip!
- July 23, 2010 - As a little
tribute to Spain´s FIFA World Cup victory, all new software
week will be Spanish. :-) Our special thank you go to Diedel,
our new collaborator!
this week´s game list, eight new in total! Camelot
Over, Gonzzalezz, Navy
- July 16, 2010 - Another four new software
Soldier Valis, Shalom, Starquake
Maze of Galious!
- July 09, 2010 - Whopping SIX
new software added! 1942
Tritorn & The
- July 02, 2010 - It's friday, so... Four more
new games! This time is Disc
Station #1, Fantasy
Force and Space
- June 25 ,2010 - Four new games added: Illusion
City, Knightmare, The Goonies & Xevious Fardraut Saga
- June 18, 2010 - Thexder added
- June 17, 2010 - Some changes in site
- June 16, 2010 - After a few weeks of testing
and preparation, site was made public for the first time